From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] create an installable custom distro with gentoo?
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 17:46:49
1 On Tuesday 17 April 2007, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 11:46:08 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 > > I ask because I need to rezise my /var to minimize wasted space. I
4 > > know for sure I have remerged QT and mozilla (with USE= -gnome)
5 > > recently without problems with just over 1G free. I hate having 5G
6 > > lying there doing nothing until I remerge OOo :-)
7 >
8 > Set PORTAGE_TMPDIR to somewhere where the space would be useful at
9 > other times too, like /home.
10
11 That's a good idea - I didn't think of that
12
13 > Or change it for OOo builds only.
14
15 I keep forgetting to do stuff like that and only find out 4 hours into
16 an 8 hour emerge.... :-)
17
18 alan
23 Optimists say the glass is half full,
24 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
25 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
26
27 Alan McKinnon
28 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
29 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list