From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] create an installable custom distro with gentoo?
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 18:34:44
1 On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 18:41:36 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > > Set PORTAGE_TMPDIR to somewhere where the space would be useful at
4 > > other times too, like /home.
5 >
6 > That's a good idea - I didn't think of that
7
8 No, I did - which means there's probably some hidden gotcha waiting in
9 it :(
10
11 > > Or change it for OOo builds only.
12 >
13 > I keep forgetting to do stuff like that and only find out 4 hours into
14 > an 8 hour emerge.... :-)
15
16 I wonder if you could do this in /etc/portage/env?
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 When you said you wanted to live in sin, I didn't know you meant "sloth"