From: Galevsky <galevsky@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: which syslog?
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 10:54:11
1 http://gentoo-wiki.com/Syslog-ng
2
3 Is that kind of conf (described in Quick Start section) far away from
4 what you are looking for ?
5
6 Gal'
7
8 2007/5/30, Sven Köhler <skoehler@×××.de>:
9 > I am curious, though: If you like the sysklogd
10 > > layout to the point that you want to replicate it exactly in other log
11 > > daemons, why do you want to switch log daemons?
12 >
13 > Last sysklogd version if from 2001.
14 > And portage contains 1.4.2_pre2007* versions. This was curious to me.
15 >
16 > And on the other hand, other distributions don't use sysklogd anymore.
17 > Instead they use syslog-ng, for example.
18 >
19 > But i guess, they have a more suitable default setting. Everything going
20 > to /var/log/messes is just to simple, i think. Actually i don't want the
21 > layout to be like sysklogd. But i would like a little more complicated
22 > default setting.
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list