From: "Sven Köhler" <skoehler@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: which syslog?
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 10:26:45
1 I am curious, though: If you like the sysklogd
2 > layout to the point that you want to replicate it exactly in other log
3 > daemons, why do you want to switch log daemons?
4
5 Last sysklogd version if from 2001.
6 And portage contains 1.4.2_pre2007* versions. This was curious to me.
7
8 And on the other hand, other distributions don't use sysklogd anymore.
9 Instead they use syslog-ng, for example.
10
11 But i guess, they have a more suitable default setting. Everything going
12 to /var/log/messes is just to simple, i think. Actually i don't want the
13 layout to be like sysklogd. But i would like a little more complicated
14 default setting.