From: "Vladimir G. Ivanovic" <vgivanovic@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VM Ware or not?
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 17:20:02
1 on 02/05/2008 10:21 AM Neil Bothwick said the following:
2 > On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 11:58:26 -0800, Vladimir G. Ivanovic wrote:
3 >
4 >> I cannot get bridged netwokring to work, no matter what I try. I have
5 >> searched high and low for an answer, and I have spend hours
6 >> experimenting. Bridged networking broke for me when 2.6.21 came out
7 >> and has never worked since.
8 >
9 > Is the host on a wired or wireless network? I found bridged wouldn't work
10 > over wireless, so I use NAT on my laptop
11
12 I have both, but bridged networking (for me) works with neither. With
13 eth0, I get a Limited Connectivity state in WinXP; with ath0 (D-Link
14 DWL-G650 PC card) I get Disabled.
15
16 I recently tried the vanilla 2.6.23-14 vanilla sources to see if that
17 made a difference, but it did not. Of course I used the same .config
18 file that I am using for my gentoo-sources kernel.
19
20 If someone could send me their .config file for
21 gentoo-sources-2.6.23-r6 that they use on a laptop, I'll give that it
22 a try.
23
24 --- Vladimir
28 Vladimir G. Ivanovic