From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: A little help for non-native English speakers
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2018 23:04:06
1 On Thu, 1 Feb 2018 14:45:15 -0800, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2
3 > > > I figured that would make the example more confusion which would
4 > > > defeat the purpose.
5 >
6 > > And don't get me started on people using "which" when they should be
7 > > using "that".
8 > >
9 > > (In this case, which is correct but it should have a preceding
10 > > comma).
11 >
12 > One could also use "that" with a preceding semicolon.
13
14 One could, although it would subtly change the message, adding more
15 emphasis to the second clause.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 In a classified ad: "Tired of cleaning yourself? Let me do it."