From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Update blocked by kdebase-startkde:4
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2016 22:40:45
1 On Saturday 09 Jul 2016 23:22:49 I wrote:
2 > On Sunday 10 Jul 2016 04:08:36 Michael Palimaka wrote:
3
4 --->8
5
6 > > This change is correct - we're in the process of cleaning up some old
7 > > ebuilds at the moment.
8 > >
9 > > In this case kde-apps/kdebase-runtime-meta:5 doesn't imply anything
10 > > KF5-based - it has just been ported to use a newer eclass. It still just
11 > > pulls in the old KDE4-based kde-runtime packages.
12
13 I don't think that's entirely true; see below.
14
15 > That's good news. Now, how does one allow that package to be installed while
16 > keeping the rest of KF5 masked?
17 >
18 > # cat /etc/portage/package.mask
19 > kde-plasma/*
20 > kde-frameworks/*:5
21 > kde-apps/*:5
22 > kde-misc/*:5
23 > >=kde-apps/kde4-l10n-16.04.1
24 >
25 > We seem to need an analogue of CONFIG_PROTECT and CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK, in
26 > which we could mask all kde-apps/*:5 while allowing
27 > kde-apps/kdebase-runtime-meta:5 to be installed. Can that be done? I hope
28 > there's an easier way than masking all 122 apps separately.
29
30 In fact I tried the separate masking. It led on to having to treat kde-plasma
31 and kde-frameworks similarly, and before I knew it I was unmasking a load of
32 packages that don't belong in a KDE-4 system.
33
34 What to try next?
37 Rgds
38 Peter