From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Sudden auto-unmount of an encfs-partition ... why?
Date: Sun, 21 May 2017 06:47:09
1 On 05/21 08:41, Kai Krakow wrote:
2 > Am Sun, 21 May 2017 08:15:57 +0200
3 > schrieb tuxic@××××××.de:
4 >
5 > > I have a directory mounted via fuse.encfs (encrypted).
6 > >
7 > > Since kernel 4.11 (seldom, more often with 4.11.1 and 4.11.2) it
8 > > happens that once in a sudden the system decides to make the
9 > > contents unaccessible:
10 > > 'mount' stills shows the mount of that directory but neither
11 > > 'ls' or any other application can find the directory anymore.
12 > > This happens while an application still accesses files
13 > > of that directory (and the failure to do so shows that
14 > > the "auto umount" has hit again).
15 > >
16 > > I fetched the kernel right off ftp.kernel.org (more
17 > > exactlu: off a mirror of that).
18 >
19 > Why don't you use the gentoo-sources kernel ebuild? It has some special
20 > patches for Gentoo userland... Tho I don't see any that may have
21 > directly to do with your problem...
22 >
23 > But maybe you want to check if it happens there, too. They have at
24 > least 4.11.1 available by now. Myself, I'm using ck-sources 4.11.1.
27 > > What is happening here? Has Linus implemented a timer
28 > > for that ? :)
29 >
30 > Do you use systemd and mounted it with a mount-timeout parameter
31 > accidently?
32 >
33 > > Any help is very appreciated since this featire is VERY
34 > > annoying!
35 >
36 > Since this is a fuse filesystem, check dmesg if there are any signals
37 > regarding the fuse daemon: Maybe it just crashed. It doesn't really
38 > unmount since you still see the mount point listed. Compare the running
39 > fuse related processes before and after the issue.
42 > --
43 > Regards,
44 > Kai
45 >