From: Kai Krakow <hurikhan77@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Sudden auto-unmount of an encfs-partition ... why?
Date: Sun, 21 May 2017 06:41:47
1 Am Sun, 21 May 2017 08:15:57 +0200
2 schrieb tuxic@××××××.de:
3
4 > I have a directory mounted via fuse.encfs (encrypted).
5 >
6 > Since kernel 4.11 (seldom, more often with 4.11.1 and 4.11.2) it
7 > happens that once in a sudden the system decides to make the
8 > contents unaccessible:
9 > 'mount' stills shows the mount of that directory but neither
10 > 'ls' or any other application can find the directory anymore.
11 > This happens while an application still accesses files
12 > of that directory (and the failure to do so shows that
13 > the "auto umount" has hit again).
14 >
15 > I fetched the kernel right off ftp.kernel.org (more
16 > exactlu: off a mirror of that).
17
18 Why don't you use the gentoo-sources kernel ebuild? It has some special
19 patches for Gentoo userland... Tho I don't see any that may have
20 directly to do with your problem...
21
22 But maybe you want to check if it happens there, too. They have at
23 least 4.11.1 available by now. Myself, I'm using ck-sources 4.11.1.
26 > What is happening here? Has Linus implemented a timer
27 > for that ? :)
28
29 Do you use systemd and mounted it with a mount-timeout parameter
30 accidently?
31
32 > Any help is very appreciated since this featire is VERY
33 > annoying!
34
35 Since this is a fuse filesystem, check dmesg if there are any signals
36 regarding the fuse daemon: Maybe it just crashed. It doesn't really
37 unmount since you still see the mount point listed. Compare the running
38 fuse related processes before and after the issue.
42 Regards,
43 Kai
44
45 Replies to list-only preferred.