From: Michael Schreckenbauer <grimlog@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dennis Ritchie
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 19:51:50
1 Hi Michael,
2
3 On Saturday, 15. October 2011 08:10:13 Michael Mol wrote:
4 > On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 7:33 AM, luis jure <ljc@××××××××××××.uy> wrote:
5 > > hello boys [1],
6 > >
7 > > i know i don't participate much on this list, but this does not mean
8 > > that
9 > > i don't try to follow most of the threads (not all of them, i admit).
10 > >
11 > > i realized just now that no one has commented on the news of the recent
12 > > death of dennis ritchie. considering that his contributions to the
13 > > development of computational technologies were not only paramount, but
14 > > affect all of us in a very direct way, i think we could somehow
15 > > compensate for the lack of echo of these news in the media, by
16 > > dedicating some time to celebrate his memory and express our gratitude.
17 > >
18 > > [1] sorry if there are any girls out there, but i think i have never
19 > > seen
20 > > any female names on this list...
21 >
22 > Well, if it helps, the reason I have a huge beard and long hair is
23
24 welcome to the club, although my beard isn't huge most of the time :D My wife
25 doesn't like it that much. I'm compensating this with the hair on my head
26 (close to 1m now *g*)
27
28 > because I idolized Thompson and Ritchie as far back as my early teen
29 > years.
30 > My very conservative grandparents were less than amused that I was
31 > actively seeking a 60s Berkeley look.
32
33 Sounds familiar too.
34
35 Best,