From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] rebuild gcc-3.4.6-r2 error
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 10:12:04
1 On Saturday 10 March 2007, Andrew Dean wrote:
2 > > As you said gdc does not seem to exist anywhere within the sources
3 > > or the ebuild, I would say that we have been caught with a typo but
4 > > it is strange that there have been only two reports on the list so
5 > > far.
6 >
7 > Hi,
8 >
9 > I have have encountered this problem this morning on both of my
10 > computers which are using the hardened profile (I am not sure whether
11 > this this could be part of the problem?). I have managed to get
12 > around this problem by downloading the gdc-0.23-src.tar.bz2 file from
13 > my local mirror (e.g. http://gentoo.virginmedia.com/distfiles) to the
14 > /usr/portage/distfiles folder. When I then tried the update world the
15 > second time, everything worked properly! I know that this does not
16 > resolve the issue but it is the way that I managed to work around the
17 > problem.
18
19 This is a bug. One of you guys should report it to bgo and mention your
20 workaround. If the devs don't know about it, they can't fix it, and
21 they don't necessarily read this list.
22
23 alan
26 Optimists say the glass is half full,
27 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
28 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
29
30 Alan McKinnon
31 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
32 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
33 --
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list