From: Andrew Dean <linux@×××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] rebuild gcc-3.4.6-r2 error
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 20:54:13
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Saturday 10 March 2007, Andrew Dean wrote:
3 >
4 >>> As you said gdc does not seem to exist anywhere within the sources
5 >>> or the ebuild, I would say that we have been caught with a typo but
6 >>> it is strange that there have been only two reports on the list so
7 >>> far.
8 >>>
9 >> Hi,
10 >>
11 >> I have have encountered this problem this morning on both of my
12 >> computers which are using the hardened profile (I am not sure whether
13 >> this this could be part of the problem?). I have managed to get
14 >> around this problem by downloading the gdc-0.23-src.tar.bz2 file from
15 >> my local mirror (e.g. http://gentoo.virginmedia.com/distfiles) to the
16 >> /usr/portage/distfiles folder. When I then tried the update world the
17 >> second time, everything worked properly! I know that this does not
18 >> resolve the issue but it is the way that I managed to work around the
19 >> problem.
22 > This is a bug. One of you guys should report it to bgo and mention your
23 > workaround. If the devs don't know about it, they can't fix it, and
24 > they don't necessarily read this list.
25 >
26 > alan
29 Alan,
30
31 Thanks for pointing it out, it did not occur to me to report it (a
32 newbie mistake?). However, I have just had a look on Bugzilla and this
33 bug has already been reported and fixed.
34
35 Andrew
36 --
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list