From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] More on mbr
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 00:19:13
1 On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 17:59:56 -0600
2 Joe Menola wrote:
3
4 > On Tuesday 20 December 2005 5:45 pm, reader@×××××××.com wrote:
5 > > What this is all about is that I'm not succeding in overwriting the
6 > > lilo code mbr by running `grub setup'
7 > >
8 > > The grub command succeeds but when I attempt to boot I still get a
9 > > crippled lilo response.  By crippled I mean the dread:
10 > >   Li . . . .    Hang forever
11 >
12 > I know no way of viewing mbr. I've heard of lilo not being able to overwrite
13 > grub, but never vice-versa.
14 > Perhaps it would help if you post your exact "grub install" command.
17 He has unfortunatle started two threads and the answer is staring him in the face in the reply posted to the other thread.
20 Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list