From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: More on mbr
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 02:49:51
1 Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz> writes:
2
3 > He has unfortunatle started two threads and the answer is staring him in the face in the reply posted to the other thread.
4
5 Er sorry about the double whammy. And for the other posters info in
6 this thread... I'm not having trouble booting or any of that. I know
7 how to fix this to get running... that is livecd, chroot edit
8 lilo.conf rerun lilo, boot.
9
10 What was puzzling me was that grub seemingly would not overwrite MBR.
11
12 Somehow I got sidetracked onto (hd0,0) even though I know better.
13 Thanks to Richard FIsh and posters in this thread I now understand
14 what was going on.
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list