From: Danny YUE <sheepduke@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo vs Raspbian on Raspberry Pi 3?
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 09:19:24
1 Gentoo 64 bit was made working on Raspberry Pi 3 not long ago.
2
3 I tried Arch for a short time last year. I was really missing those USE
4 flags and ability to lock/select software version.
5
6 Also when I was using Arch, I always felt that it was pushing me hard to
7 upgrade my system, which really feels uncomfortable.
8
9 I think that Gentoo runs more stable than Arch (might be wrong, just my
10 feeling), and with cross compiling it should not be a big problem to
11 upgrade whole system.
12
13 I do agree that using Arch on Raspberry Pi would be much simpler than
14 Gentoo. Anyway I will try to compile natively after I receive my Pi ;-)
15
16 But till now nobody ever mentioned *official* raspbian OS. Funny.