From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: --depclean wants to remove openrc. Yikes!
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2021 12:44:44
1 On Tue, 03 Aug 2021 07:45:27 -0400, Alec Ten Harmsel wrote:
2
3 > > $ emerge --ask --depclean | less
4 > >
5 > > did not work when tested with a single package to be removed: the
6 > > output from "emerge" was displayed on less than a single screen
7 > > causing "less" to just terminate due to my setting of environment
8 > > variable "LESS", but "emerge" never issued the question whether or
9 > > not to continue nor did it accept an answer. I had to kill it with
10 > > "^C" from the shell.
11 >
12 > Depending what desktop environment/terminal emulator, there are a few
13 > options. You could use a terminal like gnome-terminal, konsole, etc.
14 > which have scroll so you can run `emerge -ca' and scroll to view the
15 > results. I run urxvt in i3 (not sure whether it scrolls or not), and I
16 > always run emerge inside of a tmux and use tmux's scroll to view all
17 > the output before making a decision, so you could also use tmux or
18 > screen.
19
20 Or you could use a different pager, most does not exhibit this behaviour.
21 There is probably a less setting to change this too.
25 Neil Bothwick
26
27 Linux like wigwam. No windows, no gates, Apache inside.