From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Video card with two ports.
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2013 11:45:42
1 On Sat, 02 Nov 2013 05:33:34 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > Oh, while testing the sound, I found out I have my puter speakers
4 > backwords. My left speaker claims to be right and the right speaker
5 > claims to be left.
6
7 That's side to side, not backwards :P
8
9 > It's been that way for many years now. LOL Could
10 > that be why I am so weird?? ;-)
11
12 I susect that has a more fundamental cause ;-)
13
14 > I'm going to do some price checking on monitors. I may try to get one
15 > that is a little higher res if I can. Anyway, I still need to check
16 > into some things. The edges of the screen on my TV is cut off. It's not
17 > much but just enough that it will cause issues if I try to do some
18 > things on the TV. While in the KDE control center thingy, it had a
19 > setting for the new screen to be left/right/top/bottom so it sounds like
20 > my video card will support having two monitors with different images.
21
22 It will, I've been using KDE with different resolution monitors
23 (1600x1200 and 1650X180) for several years. And you can often specify
24 which screen a program uses (or force the issue in KDE's window settings)
25 so you can have your browser default to the monitors and you video player
26 use the TV by default, But drag the windows across if you ever want them
27 on the other display.
31 Neil Bothwick
32
33 If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?