From: arnuld <geek.arnuld@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Gentoo and KISS ?
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 18:10:21
1 OK, i found Gentoo a great incident of my life :-), 10 installations
2 and on 11th time i knew what went wrong in last 10 times and from
3 there it never went wrong ;-). i want to use Gentoo but i have one
4 doubt. i am much more inclined towards using "simple" things, like
5 simplicity in designing an OS. i see, CRUX and Arch are based on
6 simplicity, the KISS principle and nothing else.
7
8 i want to know whether Gentoo has "simplicity" or "KISS and clean"
9 structure in its design as an OS ? this is the only thing that is
10 stopping me from using Gentoo. Gentoo philosophy says *nothing* about
11 simplicity, it talks only about customisation. any idea of if KISS is
12 present in Gentoo design ?
15 NOTE: i have observed one thing. i have used Gentoo for 2 days only
16 and now i am trying to use Arch and CRUX but i see, for me, it is
17 very difficult to use and work with them them since i am getting used
18 to a lower level of things. happened with anybody ?
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list