From: karl@××××××××.se
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Heads up: A reason *NOT* to have xorg.conf file
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2017 20:28:10
1 Nikos:
2 > On 04/04/2017 12:11 AM, karl@××××××××.se wrote:
3 > > Walter Dnes:
4 > > ...
5 > >> This state of affairs seems to have evolved slowly. There wasn't one
6 > >> version where it worked for nobody, immediately followed by the next
7 > >> version that worked for everybody. Years ago, X would not run without
8 > >> an xorg.conf file. Then X started being able to properly autoconfigure
9 > >> without an xorg.conf file for 10% of users... then 20%... then 30%,
10 > >> etc. Today it works for just about everybody.
11 > >
12 > > No for me, I still use a serial mouse with mman protocol.
13 >
14 > I have an /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/mouse.conf file. I use it to set the
15 > default acceleration profile. In your case, you should be able to delete
16 > your xorg.conf and instead just use this in mouse.conf:
17 >
18 > Section "InputDevice"
19 > Identifier "Mouse0"
20 > Driver "mouse"
21 > Option "Device" "/dev/whatever_you_use_currently"
22 > Option "Protocol" "MouseMan"
23 > EndSection
24
25 Thanks for the idea, will check how xorg.conf and xorg.conf.d relate to
26 each other.
27
28 Regards,
29 /Karl Hammar