From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Heads up: A reason *NOT* to have xorg.conf file
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2017 21:33:54
1 On Tue, 4 Apr 2017 22:27:57 +0200 (CEST), karl@××××××××.se wrote:
2
3 > > I have an /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/mouse.conf file. I use it to set the
4 > > default acceleration profile. In your case, you should be able to
5 > > delete your xorg.conf and instead just use this in mouse.conf:
6 > >
7 > > Section "InputDevice"
8 > > Identifier "Mouse0"
9 > > Driver "mouse"
10 > > Option "Device" "/dev/whatever_you_use_currently"
11 > > Option "Protocol" "MouseMan"
12 > > EndSection
13 >
14 > Thanks for the idea, will check how xorg.conf and xorg.conf.d relate to
15 > each other.
16
17 They are the same thing. One approach puts everything in one file, one
18 puts it in separate files that are easier to maintain. The system doesn't
19 care, it's there for your convenience. However using both is not
20 documented and probably not a good idea for that reason.
24 Neil Bothwick
25
26 Nothing is illegal if one hundred businessmen decide to do it.