From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] limewire won't start
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 18:13:09
1 On 29 March 2006 18:16, maxim wexler wrote:
4 > See my reply to Ryan. Somehow overnight my complete
5 > path statement returned. I don't remember the last
6 > time I ran env-update etc. Correct me if I'm wrong,
7 > but isn't it run automatically after completion of
8 > emerge <some package>. Perhaps this is something I
9 > should set up in cron, which I have yet to configure
10 > or use.
11
12 No, it doesn't run automatically, and you shouldn't run it from cron. You
13 really have to watch etc-update and decide what it should overwrite and what
14 you prefer to edit yourself. Think of a shorewall update overwriting all your
15 rules, policies and other configuration. Thanks, no!
16
17 Uwe
20 Why do consumers keep buying products they will live to curse?
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list