From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] limewire won't start
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 16:27:18
1 --- Ryan Tandy <tarpman@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > maxim wexler wrote:
4 > >> So we have to get Java back into your path...
5 > I've
6 > >> got Sun Java, so mine
7 > <MASSIVE SNIPPAGE>
8 >
9 > Have you run 'env-update && source /etc/profile'
10 > recently? env-update
11 > rebuilds your environment (variables like PATH)
12 > based on what's in
13 > /etc/env.d. java-config and friends don't set env
14 > variables themselves
15 > - they put them in /etc/env.d, and are supposed to
16 > call env-update as
17 > part of their cleanup. If this didn't happen for
18 > some reason, running
19 > it by hand may help.
20 >
21 > HTH.
22 > --
23
24 See my reply to Ryan. Somehow overnight my complete
25 path statement returned. I don't remember the last
26 time I ran env-update etc. Correct me if I'm wrong,
27 but isn't it run automatically after completion of
28 emerge <some package>. Perhaps this is something I
29 should set up in cron, which I have yet to configure
30 or use.
31
32 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
38 Do You Yahoo!?
39 Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
40 http://mail.yahoo.com
41 --
42 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list