From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Postfix receives OK, but won't send to internet
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 18:24:19
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > There is, redirecting port 25 traffic. I discovered an ISP was doing this
3 > by accident, when I switched to my backup ISP and forgot to change my
4 > mail settings. It was only later that I realised mail was still going
5 > out, despite my software being set to use a different ISP's server. So I
6 > sent myself a mail and checked the headers, they were redirecting all
7 > outgoing port 25 traffic to their own server.
8
9 Hmmm that's not a bad plan, but I could some cases whee that might
10 cause some issues. However overall it's probably better solution than
11 just blocking port 25 access to anything, but your own servers.
12
13 However back in '99 talking your dialup proviiders into tossing CPU
14 eating ACL's onto their gear was hard enough let alone doing something
15 complicated like hijacking smtp. I think even today it's hard to
16 implement something like that unless you own most of the gear involved
17 which isn't always the case.
18
19 kashani
20 --