From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Postfix receives OK, but won't send to internet
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 16:12:36
1 On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:20:50 -0500, kashani wrote:
2
3 > I worked at probably the first nation wide US ISP to block port
4 > 25 to any address other than our mail servers. While it was sad to see
5 > the days of free and clear access to smtp dying there really wasn't
6 > much choice.
7
8 There is, redirecting port 25 traffic. I discovered an ISP was doing this
9 by accident, when I switched to my backup ISP and forgot to change my
10 mail settings. It was only later that I realised mail was still going
11 out, despite my software being set to use a different ISP's server. So I
12 sent myself a mail and checked the headers, they were redirecting all
13 outgoing port 25 traffic to their own server.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 A day without sunshine is like night.