From: wabe <wabenbau@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Voice synthesizers? (not neccessarily TTS!)
Date: Mon, 01 May 2017 03:50:07
1 wabe <wabenbau@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
4 >
5 > > Hi,
6 > >
7 > > I am looking for a (not neccessarily GENTOO) software, whith which
8 > > it is possible to synthesize the human voice (male / female).
9 > >
10 > > It does not neccessarily need to be a TTS (I tried some) -- but the
11 > > voice needs easily to be tuned in the sense of pitch and sound.
12 > >
13 > > Suppose you want a synthetic voice of Frodo talking some Tengwar
14 > > (and dont want to mimic the movies actors ;) or the northern slang
15 > > of some Elbish ... ;)
16 > >
17 > > Another example would be vocaloid (commercial product).
18 > >
19 > > Is there some software of this kind somewhere for Linux?
20 > >
21 > > Thanks a lot for any voice coming up for this ! :)))
22 >
23 > It's some years ago that I use speech synthesizers and I can't
24 > remember all details.
25 >
26 > First I use mbrola for some years. Unfortunately it is not an open
27 > source program but it is available for gentoo. For some reason
28 > (that I don't remember, maybe because it's not open source or
29 > maybe because there is no 64bit binary) I switched over to espeak.
30 > Later I also used festival. But I still used the mbrola voices
31 > together with espeak and also with festival because they have a
32 > very good quality (I downloaded some high quality mbrola voices
33 > from the mbrola homepage).
34
35 P.S.: It is possible to tune some parameters for mbrola so that
36 you can let it even sing a song. I can't remember if this is also
37 possible with espeak or festival.
40 Regards
41 wabe