From: wabe <wabenbau@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Voice synthesizers? (not neccessarily TTS!)
Date: Mon, 01 May 2017 03:38:59
1 tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > I am looking for a (not neccessarily GENTOO) software, whith which
6 > it is possible to synthesize the human voice (male / female).
7 >
8 > It does not neccessarily need to be a TTS (I tried some) -- but the
9 > voice needs easily to be tuned in the sense of pitch and sound.
10 >
11 > Suppose you want a synthetic voice of Frodo talking some Tengwar (and
12 > dont want to mimic the movies actors ;) or the northern slang of some
13 > Elbish ... ;)
14 >
15 > Another example would be vocaloid (commercial product).
16 >
17 > Is there some software of this kind somewhere for Linux?
18 >
19 > Thanks a lot for any voice coming up for this ! :)))
20
21 It's some years ago that I use speech synthesizers and I can't
22 remember all details.
23
24 First I use mbrola for some years. Unfortunately it is not an open
25 source program but it is available for gentoo. For some reason
26 (that I don't remember, maybe because it's not open source or
27 maybe because there is no 64bit binary) I switched over to espeak.
28 Later I also used festival. But I still used the mbrola voices
29 together with espeak and also with festival because they have a
30 very good quality (I downloaded some high quality mbrola voices
31 from the mbrola homepage).
34 Regards
35 wabe