From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Spellcheck not working in Kmail
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 02:01:56
1 On 24 Dec 2009, at 22:16, Daniel D Jones wrote:
2
3 > Options/Automatic Spellchecking is checked and the status line at the bottom
4 > of Composer shows "Spellcheck: on." Manually selecting Tools/Spelling shows
5 > the message "Spell check complete." But no mispelled words are marked,
6 > including nonsense strings like "lakjdfh."
7
8 It's been a long time since I used KDE / Kmail, at least since I did so seriously. But I seem to recall there is an option in the preferences to set the path to the spell-checker. This may be changes to "/usr/bin/aspell", to ispell or whatever. I would not be surprised if there is at least one other alternate spell-checker by now - maybe ispell is no longer the default? This preference may be centralised in the main KControl options panel, rather than in the Kmail-specific options, assuming I am recalling its existence correctly.
9
10 Stroller.