From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Spellcheck not working in Kmail
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 12:02:46
1 On Friday 25 December 2009 02:36:08 Stroller wrote:
2 > On 24 Dec 2009, at 22:16, Daniel D Jones wrote:
3 > > Options/Automatic Spellchecking is checked and the status line at the
4 > > bottom of Composer shows "Spellcheck: on." Manually selecting
5 > > Tools/Spelling shows the message "Spell check complete." But no
6 > > mispelled words are marked, including nonsense strings like "lakjdfh."
7 >
8 > It's been a long time since I used KDE / Kmail, at least since I did so
9 > seriously. But I seem to recall there is an option in the preferences to
10 > set the path to the spell-checker. This may be changes to
11 > "/usr/bin/aspell", to ispell or whatever. I would not be surprised if
12 > there is at least one other alternate spell-checker by now - maybe ispell
13 > is no longer the default? This preference may be centralised in the main
14 > KControl options panel, rather than in the Kmail-specific options,
15 > assuming I am recalling its existence correctly.
18 Somewhere in System Settings there is an option to set the global language for
19 all KDE apps.
20
21 This has caught me out before
24 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com