From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Huge downloads approx. every 2 minutes
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2015 12:54:00
1 On 6 February 2015 08:20:30 CET, Hartmut Figge <h.figge@×××.de> wrote:
2 >Hartmut Figge:
3 >>Poison BL.:
4 >
5 >>>Port 995 there indicates SSL POP mail.
6 >>
7 >>Thanks. That has to be fetchmail. Verified by stopping it.
8 >
9 >The solution may be interesting to others. After unsuccessfully playing
10 >with the options of fetchmail, I discovered that the reason was a huge
11 >mail sitting on my ISP.
12 >
13 >fetchmail[2695]: reading message h.figge@×××.de@pop.gmx.net:1 of 1
14 >(10652260 octets) (log message incomplete)
15 >fetchmail[2695]: SMTP error: 552 5.3.4 Message size exceeds fixed limit
16 >
17 >That caused fetchmail to go frantic. *g* After deleting the mail via
18 >the web all was well again.
19 >
20 >Hartmut
21
22 You could also have (temporarily) increased the max size setting for emails on your SMTP server.
23 10MB is quite low these days.
26 Joost
27 --
28 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.