From: Hartmut Figge <h.figge@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Huge downloads approx. every 2 minutes
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2015 13:53:42
1 J. Roeleveld:
2 > On 6 February 2015 08:20:30 CET, Hartmut Figge <h.figge@×××.de>
3 > wrote:
4
5 >> fetchmail[2695]: reading message h.figge@×××.de@pop.gmx.net:1 of 1
6 >> (10652260 octets) (log message incomplete) fetchmail[2695]: SMTP
7 >> error: 552 5.3.4 Message size exceeds fixed limit
8 >>
9 >> That caused fetchmail to go frantic. *g* After deleting the mail
10 >> via the web all was well again.
11 >
12 > You could also have (temporarily) increased the max size setting for
13 > emails on your SMTP server. 10MB is quite low these days.
14
15 That would require digging into the depths of postfix. I should have
16 done this when my ISP changed to SSL. It is on my todo list. Meanwhile I
17 have changed my SeaMonkey SMTP from localhost to the ISP. :)
18
19 Hartmut