From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kerninst (was Optional /usr merge in Gentoo)
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2013 18:16:13
1 On Sun, Sep 1, 2013 at 1:01 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
2 > Am 01.09.2013 19:30, schrieb Canek Peláez Valdés:
3 >
4 >> I have been using it in all of my machines for some days now, and it
5 >> works for me; but I take no responsibility if it breaks your machine,
6 >> or if it kills your dog.
7 >
8 > So far the cat still lives ... your script worked fine here in the first
9 > try.
10 >
11 > Some syntax error in line 26 as far as syntax highlighting in vim tells
12 > me ... everything red from down there ... but it works ...
13
14 Well, a proper editor, like Emacs, highlights correcty Bash regex :P
15
16 > I got to figure out why I get multiple entries for one version right now
17 > ... my /boot might need some pre-cleanup ... but otherwise: great, thanks!
18
19 It should put an entry for every /boot/vmlinuz-* file.
20
21 > I pull linux-git into a directory aside from /usr/src ... this doesn't
22 > work with the current version AFAI see ... I will simply move my
23 > git-repo ...
24
25 If the /usr/src/linux symlink points to linux-git, then the version
26 should be "git" and everything should work. Otherwise is a bug.
27
28 Thanks for trying it.
29
30 Regards.