From: Mike Kazantsev <mike_kazantsev@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] a multi-process browser?
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 08:29:28
1 On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 14:27:08 +0800
2 zhangweiwu@××××××.com wrote:
3
4 > I don't know if in China network is specially boardband otherwise how to
5 > explain the forums dare to allow dozens of hi-res photo posted in-line
6 > of messages and web designers dare to design websites with a front page
7 > of more than 3MB (e.g. our local tax office website contain huge picture
8 > and flash on the front-page with several hundreds of links on it).
9
10 Oh, and I've forgot to mention one trick, besides flashblock, to defend
11 against cpu-intensive animation: disable animated gifs!
12 I've noticed that large gifs can eat more CPU than this useless flash,
13 and disabling them won't really degrade anything.
14
15 Try setting 'image.animation_mode' (string) to 'none' in 'about:config'.
18 Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net