From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - Why is Gentoo so slow when internet is out?
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 22:07:30
1 Danyelle Gragsone wrote:
2
3 > to me.. linux in general has always ran slow if the net connection
4 > goes out. It might be constantly trying to access the internet.
5 > Kinda like the a cell phones battery dies alot faster when it cant
6 > connect to a tower. It just keeps trying til it gets something or the
7 > phone dies.
8
9 That's funny. I'm on dial-up and I see no difference at all. I even
10 run ntp which sets my clock and keeps it on track for me and there is no
11 difference when I am connected and when I am not.
12
13 Yes, I have three network cards installed and running all the time. I
14 do have a local LAN here with three other rigs connected.
15
16 This is not making sense. If what you guys are saying is correct,
17 people on dial-up can't use Linux. That's not right.
18
19 Dale
20 :-)
23 To err is human, I'm most certainly human.
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list