From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Hugin panoramic picture and auto control points.
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2020 05:36:34
1 Howdy,
2
3 I been using Hugin to create panoramic pictures for years.  The
4 automatic create control point button never worked.  It always spit out
5 a error about a tool missing so I did it manually.  Time consuming to
6 say the least.  I recently took a few pictures and got tired of spending
7 all night going through pictures manually setting control points.  I
8 decided to try and figure out how to fix it since all the programs and
9 commands should be installed.  I went to File, Preferences and then
10 clicked on the Control Point Detectors tab in the new window.  If you
11 have autopano-sift-C installed, it should be the default.  Highlight it
12 and then click Edit. Find Program and then click the Choose button.  The
13 correct setting and path is /usr/bin/autopano-sift-c.  The default I
14 think was autopano-noop.sh or autopano-noop.  When I googled, I couldn't
15 find that command anywhere so no idea why that is the default setting.
16 It took me a while to figure out where that setting was.  Google wasn't
17 much help.  Once you have that set up, you should be able to add
18 pictures and then tell it to Create Control Points and it work.
19
20 I don't know how few use this program on this list but since I get a lot
21 of help here, I wanted to post this just in case it will help someone
22 who does use this and has the same problem I had with having to do it
23 manually.  Trust me, it is much faster and it does a awesome job so
24 far.  What normally would take me all night only took a few minutes with
25 the auto tool working plus it creates a lot more control points.
26
27 Hope this helps someone.  Pictures makes memories.  :-D  I may post a
28 link to some at some point.
29
30 Dale
31