From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How's the openrc update going for everyone?
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 13:42:02
1 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > On 05/11/2011 03:33 PM, Dale wrote:
3 >> Marius Vaitiekunas wrote:
4 >>> Hi,
5 >>>
6 >>> Maybe, a little OT.
7 >>> Could anybody tell me, how to make gentoo baselayout-2 system to be
8 >>> completely unicode utf-8? Which config files I should modify?
9 >>> Thank You!
10 >>>
11 >>
12 >> This is how I did mine.
13 >>
14 >> root@fireball / # cat /etc/make.conf | grep utf
15 >> LC_ALL="en_US.utf8"
16 >> root@fireball / #
17 >>
18 >> I think that is all I did.
19 >
20 > Two issues. First, LC_ALL does not belong in make.conf. It belongs
21 > in /etc/env.d/02locale. Second, "en_US.utf8" is not correct. It's
22 > "en_US.UTF-8". :-)
27 Funny that it seems to work. I don't have that file:
28
29 root@fireball / # cat /etc/env.d/02locale
30 cat: /etc/env.d/02locale: No such file or directory
31 root@fireball / #
32
33 But I do have this one:
34
35 root@fireball / # cat /etc/locale.gen
36 # /etc/locale.gen: list all of the locales you want to have on your system
37 #
38 # The format of each line:
39 # <locale> <charmap>
40 #
41 # Where <locale> is a locale located in /usr/share/i18n/locales/ and
42 # where <charmap> is a charmap located in /usr/share/i18n/charmaps/.
43 #
44 # All blank lines and lines starting with # are ignored.
45 #
46 # For the default list of supported combinations, see the file:
47 # /usr/share/i18n/SUPPORTED
48 #
49 # Whenever glibc is emerged, the locales listed here will be automatically
50 # rebuilt for you. After updating this file, you can simply run
51 `locale-gen`
52 # yourself instead of re-emerging glibc.
53
54 en_US ISO-8859-1
55 en_US.UTF-8 UTF-8
56 #ja_JP.EUC-JP EUC-JP
57 #ja_JP.UTF-8 UTF-8
58 #ja_JP EUC-JP
59 #en_HK ISO-8859-1
60 #en_PH ISO-8859-1
61 #de_DE ISO-8859-1
62 #de_DE@euro ISO-8859-15
63 #es_MX ISO-8859-1
64 #fa_IR UTF-8
65 #fr_FR ISO-8859-1
66 #fr_FR@euro ISO-8859-15
67 #it_IT ISO-8859-1
68 root@fireball / #
71 I followed a guide when I did mine which is why I don't recall most of
72 it. On this rig, it wasn't to long ago. My old rig has even older
73 config files. That install is about 6 pr 7 years old if I recall
74 correctly.
75
76 Dale
77