From: gentoo@×××××××××××××××.org
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Lirc problems
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 02:15:20
1 On Thursday 13 July 2006 07:57, Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 19:14:00 -0400 gentoo@×××××××××××××××.org wrote:
5 > > I made a serial reciever I found at Lirc.org a very few components.
6 > > I emerge lirc with LIRC_OPT=serial. When it goes and compiles the
7 > > lirc_serial module it fails. Can any one help
8 > > kernel Gentoo-2.6.12-R9
9 > > lirc 0.8
10 >
11 > What's the error message? Your kernel version is a bit outdated. I'd
12 > start with a new one after all. LIRC 0.8 is newer than your kernel
13 > version and thus may have a different interface.
14 >
15 > > I also have a keyspan media remote it is seen by kernel is there a
16 > > way to get it to work. Lirc doesn't support it.
17 >
18 > What's the kernel message or which device list are you referring to by
19 > claiming it being seen by the kernel?
20 >
21 > -hwh
22
23 I upgraded my kernel now it works