From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Lirc problems
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 12:07:17
1 Hi,
2
3 On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 19:14:00 -0400 gentoo@×××××××××××××××.org wrote:
4
5 > I made a serial reciever I found at Lirc.org a very few components.
6 > I emerge lirc with LIRC_OPT=serial. When it goes and compiles the
7 > lirc_serial module it fails. Can any one help
8 > kernel Gentoo-2.6.12-R9
9 > lirc 0.8
10
11 What's the error message? Your kernel version is a bit outdated. I'd
12 start with a new one after all. LIRC 0.8 is newer than your kernel
13 version and thus may have a different interface.
14
15 > I also have a keyspan media remote it is seen by kernel is there a
16 > way to get it to work. Lirc doesn't support it.
17
18 What's the kernel message or which device list are you referring to by
19 claiming it being seen by the kernel?
20
21 -hwh
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list