From: masterprometheus <masterprometheus666@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re:Re: Problem with sound card
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 15:01:55
1 Lavender wrote:
2
3 >>Er, if you have one sound card and one audio controller, then doesn't
4 >>that make two sound cards? :-/ (One actual sound card (PCI or PCIe)
5 and
6 >>one integrated into the mainboard?)
7 >
8 > Ha, I'm not comprehend with hardware .
9
10 You have two sound cards. One is the onboard sound card, the other is the
11 HDMI audio that ATI graphics provides.
14 >>You didn't install it then. It's in the "media-sound/alsa-utils"
15 package.
16 >>
17 >>Also, if you want to know which sound drivers you need, look up the
18 >>specs of your mainboard (or post your mainboard's brand and model
19 here.)
20 >>
21 > OK , here is my mainborad information:
22 > Brand and model : HP 3644
23 > Chip Set: AMD 760G/780G/780V/785G/790GX/880G/890GX
24 > SN: CND9501XTP
25 >
26 > Er, can't I ask why you need this information? If the driver I built is
27 > not enough ?
28
29 You have to have the the correct drivers and alsa-utils emerge.
30 Good luck