From: Gregory Woodbury <redwolfe@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] BOINC on a hardened system?
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 15:02:55
1 Depending on which BOINC projects you choose to run, BOINC may or may
2 not need continual access to the Internet.
3 Most of the projects I run only need intermittent access to upload and
4 receive new workunits, but CERN projects need
5 continuous access while running.
6 Also, BOINC will run if the certificates are not owned by BOINC, but
7 will complain in the logs when they are updated, and then
8 you could update them by hand.
9
10 So far as I know, there have not been any vectors propagated via BOINC.
13 G.Wolfe Woodbury
14 redwolfe@×××××.com