From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ssh hanging ... why?
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 17:51:02
1 Am 18.09.2013 19:47, schrieb Joe Nyland:
2 > Not sure why a downgraded openssh would improve things for you if
3 > this is the issue, however I faced the same issue as yourself and it
4 > was caused by mDNS trying to do a reverse lookup on the host
5 > connecting in to the affected server, ultimately causing the SSH
6 > connection to hang.
7 >
8 > Check that the order of sources on the hosts line of you
9 > /etc/nsswitch.conf[1] file on the server that you are having issues
10 > _connecting to_, not the desktop that you're connecting from.
11 >
12 > Mine is:
13 >
14 > `hosts: files dns mdns4_minimal mdns4`
15 >
16 > Note `dns` is before `mdns4`.
17 >
18 > [1] http://linux.die.net/man/5/nsswitch.conf
19
20 Thanks for your feedback.
21
22 The server doesn't have mdns in there, just:
23
24 hosts: files dns
25
26 (which hasn't been changed in years, I am quite sure).
27
28 So you suggest that the contacted server wants to know which FQDN the
29 contacting IP points to?
30
31 Stefan