From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: And so the emerge spake: Let there be conflicts...and see, everything was chaos and sin...
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 14:45:08
1 On 04/26/2015 04:48 PM, james wrote:
2 >
3 > One simple fix is this blockage of packages that do not need to be blocked.
4 > When I wait more than 5 or 6 days to update, I often get many packages to
5 > build, running something like 'emerge -uDNvp world'. Yes I know I can sit
6 > there and go through every package with --ask, but that is a huge
7 > waist of time, particularly if you poll user desires. So I find all
8 > the packages (ugly little cut|awk|sed|paste script) and install everything
9 > that is not really block. Source && update and then concentrate on the
10 > actual blockage. I'd be surprised if this is anything other than a trivial
11 > fix to portage (hello no, I'm not working on portage!; Zac is very smart and
12 > capable and look how he struggles...).
15 File a bug for this! I've wished for it myself. Maybe it's easy to do
16 and it doesn't exist because nobody has asked.