From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo as NAS
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2021 23:56:20
1 On 2021-02-04, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Thu, 4 Feb 2021 15:04:14 -0300, Raphael MD wrote:
3 >
4 >> Said that, what could be the effort to turn my Gentoo in a NAS service,
5 >> setting up SAMBA, Plex, quotas and ZFS?
6 >
7 > I see Plex as the main problem, as it is no longer in portage.
8 > One way round that would be to run it under Docker.
9
10 The whole Plex thing is something I need to figure out. I suppose it's
11 either give up on it completely or Docker. Complaints in the Plex
12 forums about it using an obsolte version of Python are pretty much met
13 with a response of "shut up and go away". :/
16 Grant