From: Michael Jones <gentoo@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo as NAS
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2021 00:37:06
1 Use the plex overlay.
2
3 It's updated regularly. Faster than the official gentoo repo was.
4
5 On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 5:56 PM Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
6 wrote:
7
8 > On 2021-02-04, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
9 > > On Thu, 4 Feb 2021 15:04:14 -0300, Raphael MD wrote:
10 > >
11 > >> Said that, what could be the effort to turn my Gentoo in a NAS service,
12 > >> setting up SAMBA, Plex, quotas and ZFS?
13 > >
14 > > I see Plex as the main problem, as it is no longer in portage.
15 > > One way round that would be to run it under Docker.
16 >
17 > The whole Plex thing is something I need to figure out. I suppose it's
18 > either give up on it completely or Docker. Complaints in the Plex
19 > forums about it using an obsolte version of Python are pretty much met
20 > with a response of "shut up and go away". :/
21 >
22 > --
23 > Grant