From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting up fetchmail to feed postfix
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2017 10:45:47
1 On Sunday, 26 November 2017 06:58:06 GMT Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On 26/11/2017 04:30, Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > On Saturday, 25 November 2017 16:20:46 GMT Jalus Bilieyich wrote:
4 > >> As an everyday user of KMail, I am completely happy with using it. I
5 > >> don't see any flaws with it. Maybe it's just me or...? Is there a
6 > >> reason
7 > >> behind the hostile glare towards KMail?
8 > >
9 > > Do you have POP3 or IMAP-4 accounts?
10 > >
11 > > It used to be like that for me too, but not for a long time now. I get
12 > > duplicate messages, which are a known problem and easily worked around,
13 > > but the latest version of KMail whinges about more than one candidate
14 > > for display and just gives up. Then I have to stop KMail, start
15 > > akonadiconsole and use it to delete the akonadi cache of the affected
16 > > folder, restart akonadi and (when the debug messages quieten down)
17 > > restart KMail and click on the same folder. Then it rebuilds the
18 > > threads and stores them neatly away in MySQL.
19 > >
20 > > This happens several times a day, sometimes even more than once in the
21 > > same folder. I don't know why I should be affected more than anyone
22 > > else, but I do seem to be. It reminds me of Dale and his struggles a
23 > > few years ago with ... what was it again, Dale?
24 >
25 > it was the init thingy, and before that it was HAL
26
27 HAL, yes, that's what I was thinking of.
30 Regards,
31 Peter.