From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: new printer : any thoughts ?
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 11:03:55
1 On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 11:38:15 +0100, eroen wrote:
2
3 > I got a cheap (bw) HP LaserJet p1005 half a decade ago. It works well
4 > with the drivers from http://foo2zjs.rkkda.com/ , which lets me avoid
5 > using the bloated hplip mess (I tried that when I got the printer, it
6 > didn't work with network printing and required a running X session).
7
8 HPLIP does not require X, I've used it on a headless server. I used to
9 use foo2zjs but HPLIP gained support for my printer (a LaserJet 1020
10 IIRC) so I dropped it.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 Where do you think you're going today?