From: Erik <esigra@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT-perhaps] Cracking PDF file encryption
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 11:02:42
1 Mick skrev:
2 > I am trying to copy some text from a pdf file which has been
3 > protected, most likely using Adobe on a MSWindows machine. When I
4 > select some text, the new KDE4 pdf viewer (Okular) shows the 'copy
5 > text' right click menu greyed out:
6 >
7 > "Copy forbidden by DRM".
8 >
9 > I can still copy the text as an image.
10 >
11 > Xpdf does not even allow me to copy it as an image after selection.
12 >
13 > I can't remember what the case was with KDE 3.5.10 and kpdf - either
14 > way, is there an application or trick which would allow me to edit the
15 > pdf file in question and add comments, or cut and paste its textual
16 > content into a word file and edit it there? There's a lot of text
17 > that I need to edit and would rather not have to retype it all ...
20 I noticed that Okular has the option "Obey DRM restrictions" enabled by
21 default. I do not know why this was changed. As far as I remember, in
22 KPDF, it was a compile-time option that was disabled default, and if it
23 was enabled at compile time, it would appear as a normal option (like in
24 Okular now), but be disabled by default. Just try to turn it off.