From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT-perhaps] Cracking PDF file encryption
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 10:54:47
1 Hi All,
2
3 I am trying to copy some text from a pdf file which has been
4 protected, most likely using Adobe on a MSWindows machine. When I
5 select some text, the new KDE4 pdf viewer (Okular) shows the 'copy
6 text' right click menu greyed out:
7
8 "Copy forbidden by DRM".
9
10 I can still copy the text as an image.
11
12 Xpdf does not even allow me to copy it as an image after selection.
13
14 I can't remember what the case was with KDE 3.5.10 and kpdf - either
15 way, is there an application or trick which would allow me to edit the
16 pdf file in question and add comments, or cut and paste its textual
17 content into a word file and edit it there? There's a lot of text
18 that I need to edit and would rather not have to retype it all ...
19 --
20 Regards,
21 Mick