From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo as a production server - insecure?
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 14:27:17
1 I happened to browse through a FreeBSD and a CentOS based virtual
2 server and was amazed on both occasions as to how slim these machines
3 were. I've seen embedded Linux running more processes on hardware
4 servers than what these machines were running. In that sense, gcc and
5 toolchain will be easily perceived as bloat and potential for
6 vulnerabilities and exploitation. In my humble opinion, it is all
7 relevant. If you understand SELinux you may want to have a look at
8 it. One of these days I promised myself to have a good read of it
9 without falling asleep or developing a migraine! :p
10
11 The beauty of Gentoo is that you can build it as you want it.
12