From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Anyone switched to eudev yet?
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 17:07:59
1 Michael Mol wrote:
2 > On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 11:23 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> On Fri, 14 Dec 2012 15:26:25 +0200
4 >> Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> On 14/12/12 14:19, Dale wrote:
7 >>>> I'm thinking of switching and getting rid of the init thingy
8 >>> Huh?
9 >> Once upon a time, not so long ago, Dale happened to try and make an
10 >> initrd. He followed the rules and the docs and it blew up in his face.
11 >> It blew up more in his face than HAL did even longer ago (and that was
12 >> pretty spectacular).
13 >>
14 >> Somewhere in that thread the words "init thingy" were used in
15 >> frustration, and it's since become a meme, a disparaging reference to
16 >> initrd for those who don't like the idea of them.
17 >>
18 >> Dale is getting famous at this, if ever we need someone to find the
19 >> really bad bugs in basic software, just mark it stable enough so that
20 >> Dale will use it. He will find the bugs that no-one else ever could,
21 >> it's just a knack he has.
22 >>
23 >> Long live Dale.
24 > Hear! Hear!
25 >
26 > Dale, would you be interested in jobs doing software testing? If I see
27 > openings, I'd be happy to forward them your way...
30 > --
31 > :wq
36 I thought I did that already. ROFL
37
38 Dale
39
43 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!