From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Anyone switched to eudev yet?
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 16:40:24
1 On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 11:23 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Fri, 14 Dec 2012 15:26:25 +0200
3 > Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> On 14/12/12 14:19, Dale wrote:
6 >> > I'm thinking of switching and getting rid of the init thingy
7 >>
8 >> Huh?
9 >
10 > Once upon a time, not so long ago, Dale happened to try and make an
11 > initrd. He followed the rules and the docs and it blew up in his face.
12 > It blew up more in his face than HAL did even longer ago (and that was
13 > pretty spectacular).
14 >
15 > Somewhere in that thread the words "init thingy" were used in
16 > frustration, and it's since become a meme, a disparaging reference to
17 > initrd for those who don't like the idea of them.
18 >
19 > Dale is getting famous at this, if ever we need someone to find the
20 > really bad bugs in basic software, just mark it stable enough so that
21 > Dale will use it. He will find the bugs that no-one else ever could,
22 > it's just a knack he has.
23 >
24 > Long live Dale.
25
26 Hear! Hear!
27
28 Dale, would you be interested in jobs doing software testing? If I see
29 openings, I'd be happy to forward them your way...
33 :wq